Index of Topics Photo Collections Index Sandusky County Scrapbook Home Page Sandusky County Scrapbook Site Map Credits page Our Sponsors
Rainbow Garden Title
Rainbow Garden History
Grand Opening
Rainbow Garden-1920's
Rainbow Garden-1930's
Rainbow Garden-1940's
Rainbow Garden-1950'sRainbow Garden Suggested Reading
Email Us
 


 

Construction of Rainbow Garden

Rainbow Garden
History

Rainbow Garden began as the dream of local businessman Frank "Ding" Buehler. In 1922 Buehler began looking for a site, and finally obtained 10 acres of land on the S.B. Snyder farm, east of Fremont on U.S. Route 20, for a planned amusement park and sports complex.

A group of area businessmen formed an amusement corporation, which included Frank Buehler, D.W. Cushman, A.R. Christy, Charles Sherwood, Harry F. Gottron and LeRoy White. They enlisted local businesses, including the Steinle-Wolfe Construction Company, to build the amusement complex, breaking ground on October 19, 1925.

to top of page




©2001 Sandusky County Scrapbook (Ohio). All rights reserved.
Site Designed by: JMG Digital Development Services.
Updated 30-Apr-2004

Rainbow Garden Main Page