Index of Topics Photo Collections Index Sandusky County Scrapbook Home Page Sandusky County Scrapbook Site Map Credits page Our Sponsors
Rainbow Garden Title
Rainbow Garden History
Grand Opening
Rainbow Garden-1920's
Rainbow Garden-1930's
Rainbow Garden-1940's
Rainbow Garden-1950's
Rainbow Garden Suggested Reading
Email Us













 

Rainbow Garden Dance Hall

When Rainbow Garden opened in 1926 it was one of the largest open-air dance halls in Ohio. Its founders also envisioned a large recreation complex which would include boxing matches, an athletic field for professional football and baseball teams and a basketball court. In the end, only the dance hall was completed. The other plans never materialized because of the Great Depression, World War II and the change in musical tastes.

Nevertheless, for 33 years Rainbow Garden was Fremontís premiere hot spot, boasting some of the best entertainment in the country. The Garden closed in 1959 after a series of alcohol raids by state liquor control agents.

©2001 Sandusky County Scrapbook (Ohio). All rights reserved.
Site Designed by: JMG Digital Development Services.
Updated 30-Apr-2004