Index of Topics Photo Collections Index Sandusky County Scrapbook Home Page Sandusky County Scrapbook Site Map Credits page Our Sponsors
Elmore Manufacturing Company Title
From Bicycles to AutomobilesFrom Founder to SonsFrom Clyde to Detroit1908 Catalog Elmore Photo Gallery
Elmore Suggested Readings
Email Us
 


 

Elmore Taxis in Washington  D. C.

From Founder to Sons

As production increased at the Clyde plant, more than 200 workers were employed, producing an average of four cars per day. On October 28, 1908, the Becker brothers incorporated the Elmore Manufacturing Company under the laws of Ohio. Nearly a year later, James and Burton Becker, who had earlier bought out their father's interest in the car business, sold the company to General Motors on November 25, 1909 for a reported $1,000,000. The deal called for Burton A. Becker to continue as the firm's general manager.

to top of page




©2001 Sandusky County Scrapbook (Ohio). All rights reserved.
Site Designed by: JMG Digital Development Services.
Updated 23-Aug-2001