Index of Topics Photo Collections Index Sandusky County Scrapbook Home Page Sandusky County Scrapbook Site Map Credits page Our Sponsors

Elmore Manufacturing Company Title
From Bicycles to AutomobilesFrom Founder to SonsFrom Clyde to Detroit1908 CatalogElmore Manufacturing Company Photo GalleryElmore Suggested ReadingsEmail Us



 

Elmore Manufactuing Company Logo

The Elmore Manufacturing Company began manufacturing bicycles in Elmore, Ohio, in 1892, and relocated to Clyde, where it operated from 1893 to 1912. The company began to build automobiles in 1898. The cars had 2-cycle, valveless engines. The 1904 Pathfinder model won an endurance race from New York to St. Louis, and was exhibited at the World's Fair. Elmores also were used as taxicabs. At the height of its operation, the company made nearly 1200 cars a year. In 1909 the owners sold the company to General Motors, which later moved it to Detroit, and eventually stopped production of the Elmore cars.

©2001 Sandusky County Scrapbook (Ohio). All rights reserved.
Site Designed by: JMG Digital Development Services.
Updated 23-Aug-2001